Search This Blog

Monday 7 February 2011

Ajax supporter

A good weekend. Friday night I babysat for Mae. She was being a little naughty when I arrived, refusing to go to bed for Rachel and Phil. In the end I sent them off and went in to deal with Mae on my own. To my complete and utter surprise, after a little stroking on her head, she lay down under her duvet, hugged her favourite toy and fell asleep to me reading her a story. I have always been very scared of Mae waking up when I have been babysitting, wondering if I would be able to get another baby to sleep, especially Mae, as apparently she gets really upset if Rachel isn't around to comfort her, so I was really chuffed as were Rachel and Phil, when I let them know she was asleep. It also meant that I could do my sugarcraft homework which was good (Honeysuckle and Dog Roses).

Saturday was the West Midlands Translators Walk - around Cleobury Mortimer. Had a great and very cheap lunch in the local cafe and then met with the group and did a 7 mile w alk. Tom managed the first 10 minutes and then we (well I) had to carry him the rest of the way. For some reason he didn't seem to like being carried by Dad, which meant I now have stiff legs! He behaved well, except for one moment where he cried, but a rest, a kitkat and some hot berry punch sorted him out.

Sunday, Jude came round so Tom could take her to his club - ie the golf club. He was in a good mood so was very entertaining. We spent most of the rest of the day outside, it is really windy at the moment, but not cold. Tom doesn't seem to mind the wind, so he was outside playing on his slides for a while.

Oh - and the football kit - my Dutch friend Chananja gave it to Tom for his 1st birthday, we did a skype call with her on Saturday evening and she was asking after it, so I promised I would put him in it for her, it's still a little on the big side, but he does look cute in it doesn't he?

No comments: