Search This Blog

Monday 15 July 2013

Relaxed Day in Chinchilla

Chinchilla has a 'famous' watermelon festival
We woke to a nice clear blue sky this morning. Ben, Mia and Vanessa were up early ready for school and work. Tom got up with them. By the time we dragged ourselves up he had already had breakfast.

Playing a new favourite game
We decided to have a nice slow day. Martin had taken the day off work so offered to show us around. After doing 2 loads in the washing machine (we were down to our last clean clothes) we headed out. Chinchilla is much bigger than I expected, from descriptions I had been given I was expecting a dusty, rickety town with very few amenities in the middle of no-where. It is in the middle of no-where, but it has a decent selection of shops including a fantastic coffee shop with a children's play area. Needless to say we had a good sit down and chat whilst Tom played.

We had a look round the shops, I happened to buy myself a good looking Australian Cake book (can't help myself) and then we stepped in to say hello to Vanessa and her Dad at his Chiropractor's clinic. Then off to the RSL for lunch.

Tom wasn't behaving particularly well so we then came home and put him down for a nap whilst I carried on with the blog and Matt worked.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Chinchilla

No comments: