Search This Blog

Sunday 29 March 2015

Easter Bunny Drive

Term finished on Thursday for Tom.  The evening was spent at school doing the Easter Bunny Drive (me and my big mouth suggested a Beetle Drive having been to one once at the first PTA meeting so my name was put down to do it for Easter!)  Although I have arranged big events for Compass etc in the past - this was a very different kettle of fish - working to a budget of £0 and trying to get people who are famously stingy to open their wallets and spend!

We ran a non-uniform day last Friday in exchange for Easter treats, and then bundled these into lots of hampers for prizes and the grand raffle.  They looked amazing.  I spent this week constantly advertising it on Facebook, hoping that some people would turn up.

A lot more people turned up than we thought - over 150 and we made £478 on the night, so it was a success, although there was a LOT of cheating going on.  Not sure how to stop that from happening?  I'm not sure that any winner did actually win fair and square.  Oh hum.

We will see whether people think this was a good idea and do it again next year.  Apparently nothing like it had been done at the school before and everyone, even the head teachers were amazed with the organisation and turn out, so I guess I did ok.

No comments: