Search This Blog

Friday 28 October 2016

Underwater photos

Jumping in!
Bubbles
Today we had a quiet day around the village.  We decided to head to Stacksteads to go swimming so I could take my new camera which is waterproof with me to try to take some photos.  We got there to find that the Electricity Board are doing works nearby and the pool didn't have any electricity!  Poo!!!  However, they had only just turned it off, so we decided to go for a dip and see how long it would take to cool down.  I've had this camera since Christmas, but as public swimming pools don't let you take photos, I haven't had a chance to use it under water until today.
Smiling face


Wow it is difficult to take a good photo under water!  My main problem is trying to stay down under the water.  I would dip down, then Tom jump in, but in the time it took Tom to jump, I would be floating up again!  Also there is a time delay of a couple of seconds between pushing the shutter button and it taking the photo, so you have to think ahead, plus I was never that sure what Tom would do.  All this together made it a bit difficult, but here are the best photos from the day.

There were two other boys there - a 10 year old and a 7 year old.  They made friends with Tom and they played together for ages.  If it hadn't been that the water was getting colder and colder and I was covered in goose bumps I think he would have stayed for hours.  I convinced him to leave but he wasn't happy with me about it.  He had been in the pool for an hour and a half so I think that was fair.  Oh hum, he forgave me in the end.

We went for lunch at Ireby (Tom of course had a smoked salmon sandwich and a cake) and then did some shopping at Kirkby before returning home.  For once we had tea at home this Friday - I figured that it was a bit extreme to go out again, considering we've been out for the last 3 nights in a row!
Diving for sinkers




No comments: