Search This Blog

Thursday 5 January 2017

Jude and Craig come to Visit

First weekend of the holidays was spent with Jude and Craig.  They came on Saturday afternoon loaded with masses of Christmas presents for us all.  We spent the evening in The Old Post Office by their request for drinks and platters - I introduced Jude to Rhubarb and Ginger gin.  A good time was had by all, especially Tom who had 2 more players for Connect 4.

In the OPO
All day Saturday, Matt had been in pain with his teeth, he was getting waves of pain which would stop him in his tracks.  He found that bathing his teeth in whisky helped greatly, but he couldn't go on doing that.

Sunday morning, he rang the out of hours dentist at Kendal Hospital and got booked in for an appointment.  He had an x-ray but the dr couldn't find anything.  The reason Jude and Craig were up was because it was Pat and Bob's wedding anniversary (51 years).  They had arranged a dinner at Ireby Farm, so we all headed out at 12 to see them all.  We all had a 3 course dinner - even Tom who was on adult portions as there was no option for children.  It was all very nice and pleasant service too.  Everyone was on good form, so plenty of chatter and good spirits.

Jude, Craig and Tom then went to Settle to see Pat and Bob's house (it had been a while for Jude) so Matt and I took advantage of the time free and wrapped Tom's presents.  Tom then spent the afternoon at the pump track as he wanted to show Craig how good he was at it.

Monday, Jude and I went for my usual run.  Jude was full of cold but was still way way faster than me (she walked up the hills and still finished ahead of me)  Not a surprise though - I knew she would be faster and also I'm at my best around 11am, I've never been a bright bunny first thing in the morning.

Matt was still suffering with his tooth and got an appointment to see the emergency dentist in Settle.  She had a look around and thought he had an infection so was given a whole load of antibiotics to sort it out.  We decided to spend the afternoon in Stacksteads - another chance to do some underwater photography and a chance for Matt to steam in the sauna to see if that helped his tooth.

The evening was spent at the Bickerstaffs - they were holding a Christmas party.  Both Matt and I were off the alcohol - Matt due to antibiotics and me due to excessive alcohol-induced menopausal sweats which have been keeping me awake at night.  It was a good party, the kids had fun, guess what Tom told Anne he was getting for Christmas - only a guitar - argggggghhhhhhhhh!

No comments: