Search This Blog

Saturday 29 July 2017

Last week at school

My new friend
Tom had a very busy last week of school:

Monday:I spent the day at Dalton Zoo being a zookeeper for the day (birthday present from Matt).  It was a glorious day, I spent the day mucking out various animal quarters, prepared meat for lunch, fed the maned wolves, primates, raccoons.  Got to see behind the scenes with the big cats, and best of all fed a giraffe and got to stroke the rhinos which were ace - surprisingly soft skin.
Feeding the giraffes





Jaguar feeding

























Tuesday: Tom was in the KS2 performance of Super Sal, which was ace.  Tom was in the chorus singing songs, Year 6 all had big roles and were amazing.  I don't know many year 6 children, but I thought the production was brilliant and those parents who had seen other Year 6 productions said this was the best by far.  All down to the new Year 6 teacher: Mr Prince, who seems to have made a big impression.  I found myself welling up as various children shone, and I didn't even know who they were - can you imagine what state I'll be in when Tom is in Year 6?!
Wednesday: Bikeability followed by hair cuts
Thursday: Swimming Gala at Ingleton Pool which was really good fun.  Shame they didn't open the shop though - we were all parched by the end.  Tom actually won a race: the back stroke which was fantastic - I actually had butterflies in my stomach as he tried so hard!  School disco in the evening.  Phew!

No comments: