Search This Blog

Sunday 24 November 2019

Quiet Weekend

So we didn't have the most exciting weekend - but they can't all be can they?

Saturday we watched Tom during a football match at home (at last).  He did ok and the team as a whole did brilliantly.  They are struggling for players this year, meaning that quite often they have to borrow players from years below - not great when the offside rule applies this year for the first time - younger players have no idea.   Anyway, they went from being behind to winning - with one player 2 years younger than the others.  Can't say Tom was instrumental in the win, but every now and again we saw flashes of brilliance.

Pendolino
Huge drink
I disappeared after half time as I had an afternoon of pickle ball training booked in with Anne.  She picked me up early, we had brunch at Ireby, went for a quick look around Kirkby and then had a 4 hour training session of pickle ball which was good.  I now have a much better idea of the different facets of it and know where my weak points are (dinting at the kitchen - I'm very poor at that!).  It was good to have 4 hours exercise and I really was quite tired after it.

Matt and Tom went to Carlisle on the train, had lunch out (posh mocktail for Tom) a look around a model railway shop and came home again.  The night was spent collapsed on the sofa - oh and Janine B came round for a natter - always nice.

Aysgill Waterfall
Sunday we went to the village craft show first thing (felt I should show my face as a few village people were disappointed that I said no to having a table at it - last time I did something like that I ended up massively out of pocket!).  It was slightly better than when I did it, but still don't think I would get many sales if I was to have a stall.  We then went to Hawes for a walk - a new one this time, up to Aysgill Force.  Very lovely little walk, even though it was in the gloom.  Then beans on toast at Penny Garth cafe, back home for a major tidy up of the house: me on kitchen, Matt on lounge and Tom on his room - house was looking a load better afterwards.

Pat and Bob came round for a roast dinner, I seemed to do a good job - Pat came with very little appetite and left having ate a plate full - I took that as a compliment.  It was a lovely evening. Back to work and school tomorrow.  So far we have escaped the sick bug and flu that has been going round - hoping it stays that way.  We've all had our flu jabs now...

No comments: