Search This Blog

Monday 30 August 2021

Mountain Biking part 2

So we enjoyed the mountain biking so much on Friday, we decided to go for a return visit today.  We went to the same area but this time because we knew where the trails were, we were able to join them earlier rather than head all the way to the cafe and back out again. 

We did the full blue trail this time, it was a mix of down hill technical bits and forest roads.  If you were to ask me truthfully I would say I prefer the forest roads, the boys, on the other hand prefer the technical downhill bits.  I am no natural mountain biker but am learning all the time.  Blue is my limit though.  We got to a part where we had to decide whether to do an extension or not.  Tom was in need of food, so didn't want to do it - me and him carried on with the trail we were on whilst Matt went on to do another 4km of trail.  We met at the cafe and had lunch (pretty much the same as last time)

Here's a link to a video Matt took on his GoPro: https://youtu.be/kpS1-ZK5TuU


After lunch we had the problem where Matt was exhausted, but Tom wanted to do more (he wanted a go at a red trail).  In the end we found a compromise: Tom and Matt to do a short red trail but with Matt on my e-bike to save his legs.  I stayed at the cafe and read my book.  They came back exhausted - the red trail is a big step up from blue.  That confirmed what I thought - I'm sticking to blue!  They had an ice cream each, rested their legs and then we headed back home via half a blue trail. 

I then headed out to the supermarket to get all the remaining food we might need whilst the boys crashed.  We had a quiet night in.

No comments: