Search This Blog

Sunday 5 December 2010

Cakes, cakes, cakes


I have made a number of cakes since I last wrote on the blog. Here is a selection. The Dog House cake was for a local Dog Creche celebrating its first birthday - this cake made it into the Shropshire Star, our local daily newspaper.

I'm quite pleased with the christening cake, I was asked to copy a photo which is difficult as you can't style the cake how you want, AND you can't easily cover up any mistakes.

The Christmas cake is from my college course - very fiddly and difficult - I find sugar flowers very very difficult to do, but practise makes perfect, so I will keep on trying. The cupcakes are mini Christmas cakes I made to celebrate 10 years of BEST (The Breast Feeding Support Volunteers I do Jungleland with) They won the competition for best table decoration!

I have made some others, but don't have the time or patience to put them up! Hopefully this gives you a good idea of what I've been up to.















No comments: