Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Tom's ok and welcome cousin Amber

So, it wasn't an ear infection, he still wasn't 100% on Monday but about 80%, he had a full day at nursery as Matt and I had decided that the house needed a deep clean and the only way to do that was to put Tom in nursery. We both expected nursery to call us asking us to remove our sick child, but they didn't. Instead we both spent 8 hours cleaning, scrubbing and tidying. The house looks much better as a result, but we still didn't get everything done that we wanted to. I guess we will have to keep on at it in the evenings. The big challenge now is to keep the place tidy, are we able to do it? It's tough, we are both very very messy.

Oh, forgot to mention earlier that Matt and I became Uncle and Aunt again on Friday. Amber Rose (see pic) was born quite quickly on Friday morning. She and Clare are doing well, and were back home on Friday afternoon! Sounds like she is a chilled out baby - sleeping well already!

Spent yesterday modelling cats for an order for the weekend and finishing off our Christmas cake, which is royal iced (see pic). OMG, doing proper royal icing (ie not a snow effect) is not easy, my cake looks like a 5 year old did it. I decided yesterday to paint the top to go with the decoration, it all went wrong, too dark and then the bristles from my paint brush decided to fall out. A mini disaster, don't think this one will make my website, but it was good practice, at least I now know to say NO to royal icing.





No comments: