Search This Blog

Sunday 3 June 2012

A Quiet Day

Going down the silly slide in a silly fashion
We had a lovely quiet day today - just what the Dr ordered. I didn't get up until 8, went and got Tom (monster poo in nappy) and played around upstairs for a while, including a Skype chat with Matt to try to put Tom in order for the day. Tom has been saying how much he misses Daddy and that he wants to tell Daddy what he's doing. Once he was given the chance he decided the level crossing was far more interesting!

Tom hit me in my stomach this morning - nothing new there but it really hurt - something is definitely wrong with it, although I haven't lost my appetite and don't have any other ailments.   Anyway I told Tom that I had a sore tummy and he immediately put me to bed in his bed. Tucked me up, gave me every animal to hug, put the music box on, closed the door, asked if I was ok and went to our bedroom - how sweet. He was back 30 seconds later telling me to wake up - but the sentiment was there.

We had a leisurely breakfast and then a very leisurely morning pottering about the house - I tidied up and he sort of helped me. He also did some drawing including some train tracks - his first ever. He is really beginning to think about his drawings rather than just randomly scribbling which is fab, means he actually concentrates, which is nice to see.

Eating Sushi
We finally left the house at 11.45 and got the bus down to the waterfront. We walked along the waterfront to the retail park and picked up some lunch at the supermarket - some makizushi (rolled sushi) as chosen by Tom - very good choice as it had mushrooms in it, and some potato salad - strange combination I know. Tom also got his favourite Dr Yellow carton drinks. We took everything to the park and Tom grazed and played whilst I watched. He was very happy playing by himself and I was very happy to watch. After an hour some more children turned up and Tom got a bit shy, so we headed off to play goals in the football net. Currently he is football mad and will play and play until he drops. Eventually I had to call it a day - he was red in the face and very sweaty.

We walked back over the bridge to the Co-Op (him under grizzly protest but I was able to put my foot down and win today). We got provisions for today and tomorrow. I then decided to get the bus back to the house. It's a 1km walk from the Co-Op back home which is do-able but I couldn't face forcing a grizzly child to walk it especially as I now had heavy shopping - it was 190 Yen well spent.

Serious business this - learning to swing
When we got back Tom went to bed and fell asleep immediately whilst I made dinner - chicken meatballs (I think), mushrooms and rice. I got Tom up at 5, we went to the park for football. The park was the fullest it has ever been - two sets of boys practising baseball and one set of boys dressed up as ninjas with toy guns stalking each other in the neighbourhood around the park (funny, in the UK I would steer clear of boys doing the same - here I felt completely at ease). We managed to find ourselves a corner to play football but Tom was more interested in watching the boys practising baseball, he was very upset with me when I told him we were leaving, so I dragged a grizzly child back home.

Got home, had dinner - during which we had a moment and Tom almost went to bed with no dinner. He saw it my way in the end and ate up. Matt arrived home during dinner, much earlier than expected - he'd skipped the last session of the conference so he could see Tom before he went to bed - bless. So it was shower and bath with Daddy, books and bed. A very quiet day, but one we both enjoyed.

Oh - forgot to say yesterday that when I got home there was a piece of paper on the floor with Tom's name on it.  My guess was that it was from the post office saying that they had failed to deliver something to Tom.  Matt has since seen it and yes it was.  Because we don't have our name on the front door, they were unable to post it through but they are holding it at the post office for 7 days.  So Matt will try to collect it sometime this week. Thanks to the sender.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Aioi

No comments: