Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 May 2013

40

Angus
It happened, I couldn't stop it!  I turned 40!  Can't say I've been looking forward to it - in fact I've been quite depressed about it - don't feel ready to be this old (in my heart I'm still twenty something).  It hasn't helped that I discovered how much I weighed last month, and the fact that I'm always looking scruffy - I don't seem to fit in any high street clothes anymore - my chest grew significantly after having Tom and didn't shrink back (as I was told it would!)  This means that I have to buy clothes 2 or 3 sizes too big to get into them - and sometimes even that doesn't work.  I'm not one for fashion, but it is nice to look good from time to time.  So all of this had been making me down in the dumps.

However, I weighed myself on Wednesday and found that I had lost 8lbs in the last month (diet is obviously working) which cheered me up.  Then on Thursday I was very spoilt, with some beautiful presents and a lazy lunch with my hubby in our favourite Italian.

Do you like the new addition to the family?  This is Angus the Highland Moo - yet another brown wooly creature to fill the house, but he's gorgeous - we already ALL love him.  I got lots of nice messages from friends on Facebook too, so all in all it wasn't a bad day - and anyway plenty of my friends are turning 40 as well in this and the next couple of years AND Matt's been 40 for ages and he's still young at heart, so I guess it can't be that bad!

Thank you everyone for your pressies and messages, they really perked me up x


No comments: