Search This Blog

Friday 11 October 2013

Bad Week

I didn't post anything last week - mainly because nothing of note happened.  We didn't really have a happy weekend.  I was tired and grumpy because my neck, shoulder and arm were hurting.  Tom was grumpy because he was tired from school and Matt was grumpy because he was tired.  We went for a walk on Saturday, but it ended in an argument after the pub we were going to have lunch in was closed for a refurbishment. We made up but the atmosphere of the day was ruined.

Sunday we went swimming - me in the hope that being in water would help my arm - it didn't!  We then went into Lancaster for lunch at a lovely pub by the canal.  That's it.  As you see nothing of note.

On Monday I went to see the Dr about my pain (I was almost crying on Saturday the pain was so bad).  He told me to take paracetamol and ibuprofen and sent me for an x-ray.  He referred me for physio, but said it would take over a month for the appointment to come through.  On speaking to some mums at school I was recommended a private physio in Bentham.  I called her and got an appointment on Thursday.  She was lovely and spent more than the hour I booked with her helping me out.  She found the source of the pain and spent quite a while trying to ease it for me.

Today I feel much better.  I'm still in pain, but it isn't half as bad as it was, meaning I can concentrate on other things.  Phew. I have another appointment with her on Tuesday which I am already looking forward to - if she can work her magic again that that will be great.  Basically it was a combination of one night's bad sleep (too much wine = bad sleeping position) general bad posture (she mentioned that I am having to carry a lot out front which doesn't help (they've always been the bain of my life!), getting old, starting at the gym and using muscles that aren't used to exercise, too many pillows in bed etc etc etc.  Anyway, the pain is now manageable so that's good.  Just as well I didn't have too many cakes to do these last two weeks.

I'm off to Warminster tomorrow for Lou's 40th, Matt and Tom are staying here and entertaining Michael and his girlfriend Sarah.

No comments: