Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Weekend with Mummy

I've got behind again!  Oops.

Weekend before last was a little quiet.  Matt was up in Edinburgh having a reunion (piss up) whilst Tom and I stayed in Ingleton.

Chocolate cake!
Saturday I asked him what he wanted to do and was told that he wanted a bike ride in Morecambe so that is what we did.  We parked in our usual place and then cycled all the way along the main prom, past the Stone Jetty (cafe there is closed now) down to the nice cafe down the bottom, where I had a lovely (but stinky) bowl of homemade mushroom and garlic soup (I counted 4 whole cloves of garlic!) and Tom had a very naughty chocolate cake (he had cycled so well I gave him carte blanche on what to order)  The weather wasn't great: dull and grey, but we did manage to sit outside.

We then cycled back to the car in no time at all (fuelled by chocolate cake and a back wind) and headed home.  It was dark by the time we got home - hate these short days.

Had mushrooms and pasta for dinner (whilst Matt is away we have mushroom fest: mushrooms for breakfast, lunch and dinner - I got told "Mummy next time Daddy is away can we have this again - mushrooms are yummy!"  That's my boy!)

Sunday we had a very lazy day.  With no alarms on - I slept through to 9.30am!!!!!!  That's the longest in a very very very very long time.  When I realised what the time was I got up immediately to see Tom.  He was quite happy lying in bed reading his books.  Didn't seem to realise it was 2 hours later than usual.  As a result of my lie in the rest of the day was out of sync.  We headed off to Lancaster and Williamson Park.  Tom took his bike and did some cycling and then we went to its rather good cafe for a sort of lunch (it was 2.30pm).   Tom had a sausage roll and I had a child's cheese on toast.  We then went for another play before heading to the station to pick Matt up.

It was a quiet weekend, but Tom couldn't have been better company.  He was so well behaved and fun that I was sad when it was over and he went back to school on Monday, I would happily have kept him out and carried on playing with him.


No comments: