Search This Blog

Thursday 2 July 2015

10 month old visitor

On Thursday and Friday we had more visitors (from the conference) - Doug (American), Akemi (Japanese) and their 10 month old baby Dominic.  I was busy with cakes and School Fair preparations, so Matt went to meet them from the train and then did the Ribblehead walk with them and took them to Hawes to the creamery.  They arrived home just as Tom and I arrived back from school.  Dominic was a fantastically happy, bouncing baby.  He was very happy to be in a house full of toys to explore.  I managed to find some baby friendly toys and he was away.

I made a huge roast dinner for them all with Yorkies, parsnips (a rarity for Japanese) as this was Doug's first time in the UK and he hadn't had any home-cooked food to date.  It went down well as he and Akemi said it was the best food they had had since they arrived (yahoo!).

Dominic ate everything he was given too, in fact I think we would have kept going until he exploded!    He then went to bed and slept for 12 hours straight through!  What a star.

On Friday they did the Waterfalls trail with Matt whilst I did my Cobra fit (last ever session so I had to go to wind up Jordan - which we did well!)  I then headed on to the waterfall trail but in the opposite direction so I would bump into them.  They were dawdling as I hadn't bumped into them by the time I got to Thorton Force, but as it had just started raining, I decided to shelter under a tree and wait for them.

They did finally turn up - Dominic as always bright as a button, smiling away.  Apparently if he likes something he points to it - so we tried him out on a couple of things and got quite good feedback.  We  ended up at the start and decided to have lunch at the cafe there.  Dom was pleased to be released from his carrier and ate up everything he was given (except raw tomatoes which he spat out - which only endeared us even further!)

We got back home, when I was called to the school - Tom needed his eye drops - so I ran off to administer them and ran back just in time to say goodbye to our guests.  It was a flying visit - but lovely.  Unfortunately we didn't take any photos?!  So I'm awaiting some from Doug - he just needs to get over his jet lag etc first.

No comments: