Search This Blog

Sunday 24 April 2016

Quiet Weekend

Parade
So this weekend was only going to be a quiet weekend, not quite ready to paint the town red yet!

Saturday is normally football, but Tom had been asked if he wanted to be part of the Colour Parade in the St George's Day Parade, to which he said yes, so that meant he had to forfeit football and go to Church instead to learn what he had to do.  Matt took him across, whilst I rested up.  He came home very excited about the whole thing - they get to go through a 'secret door' in church and have reserved seats etc, etc.

As it was a nice (but cold day), we decided to go for a drive up to Hawes to enjoy the countryside and  have lunch.  We went to the Penny Garth Cafe (where I had a huge chip butty just 2 weeks ago on our arrival back from Japan).  This time it was soup and a roll - and I couldn't manage all of that!

We went for a short walk around the village centre and then came back home.  I had a lie down (it's exhausting sitting in a car!) whilst the boys played football.  The Shults' at some point then delivered a Keelham food parcel to the front door - they didn't stop, but they delivered a big pie, 2 lots of soup, veggies and fruit - so so lovely and means no cooking tomorrow - yahoo!

We then had dinner (pasta and pork) in front of Dad's Army, Matt then went to Settle to watch some Taiko Drumming whilst I lay on the sofa watching programmes about food.

Coming out of church
Sunday - today was the St George's Day Parade.  After a week of sunshine, today it was cloudy and at 10am when the parade started, it began to rain (oh joy!).   Tom took his place in the parade - directly behind the Beaver's flag, they walked around the park and in to St Mary's Church, we followed behind.  We then had to sit through a children's church service.  The vicar was a little disorganised and it seemed to be taking ages.  I looked at the time and found it was 11, Matt thought the service would go on to 12!  My body was screaming at me that there was no way I could stay on the pews all that time, so I decided to leave and sneaked through the door into the fresh air and back home.  There I rested for an hour until Matt and Tom returned.

We then had lunch at home - a very lovely thick soup from the Keelham food parcel before heading out to Kendal to get Tom some new school shoes.  I polished his school shoes yesterday and discovered that they were completely trashed - whole panels were coming apart, threads were everywhere, Velcro was coming away etc etc.  I had to cut a lot of threads off and superglue the things back together again.  Definitely time to get him some more (a pain that it is the term before the summer holidays!)

Week 2
We got the shoes and then decided to head to Beetham Nurseries for tea and a bun and to see if we could get some house plants for the lounge.  We had tea and a bun - the restaurant looked really nice actually, will have to return one day when I have an appetite, but we didn't find any house plants.

We came home and I had a rest followed by a bath.

I am still feeling very tired after the most minuscule things, and today I seem to have a pain in the side of my tummy - not near the scar, but i guess part of the operation area.  It is making everything I do just a little more painful than I would like.  Hoping it will pass.

Oh and I've decided to put up a weekly pic of my scar so here it is (sorry, but this is my blog after all!).  Looks much better than last week and some bits of it are almost completely healed.

No comments: