Search This Blog

Monday 20 March 2017

Tom's on a roll


So, recently Tom's swimming has got much better, his football has got much better, AND he is doing really well at school.

At school they are doing something called 'Olympic Maths' where you have to answer so many questions within 3 minutes.  He has been on 'Gold' level for a while where he has to answer 36 questions on the 6, 7, 8, 9, 11 and12 times tables.  He has been so close for a while, getting 35, 34 etc, but this week he managed 36 three times in a row, which means he moves up a level.

His new level is 60 questions on all times tables in 3 minutes.  His first attempt he got (he thinks) 54!!!!  We think that is brilliant - I couldn't do it (mainly because I don't know my times tables!  He is now officially better than me at mental maths, won't be long before he overtakes me in other things as well I'm sure!).  

He certainly seems to have matured a lot in the last month or so, he's happy, thinking for himself and excelling in some aspects.  Another thing I have to mention is that at Film Night last week, one of his friends in a class 2 years below him didn't have enough money for a drink so Tom gave him some of his pocket money so he could get himself something.  I was at school - manning the tuck shop, but he didn't tell me, we only found out when his Mum said thank you to us.  I'm so glad he did this, shows he has a kind side and initiative, which is more important than anything academic.

No comments: