Search This Blog

Thursday 26 March 2009

Sleepy Tom

We did manage to get him down at 7pm. We felt very chuffed with ourselves. So had a nice relaxed evening. Went to bed at 10pm. Tom was still fast asleep, we had a job waking him, but Matt was on feeding duty so we couldn't wait for him to wake naturally. Gave him his feed and managed to get him back to sleep. He then woke at 2am - I was a bit disappointed.

At 7am we got up, had breakfast and a play before Tom going back down at 8.30. He was up again at 9.15 and got ready to go to the under 1's club at the Sally Army. Went to the group, but Tom was very snoozy and kept falling asleep. Brought him home, had lunch and then he went for another sleep.

Got him up at 2pm, but he was still very sleepy. Matt had a light day today so we got some admin done including booking ourselves a long weekend in a cottage in North Wales over my birthday - can't wait!

Tom fell asleep in my arms again at 5pm. I wanted to keep him up until 6pm for bath time, not sure what this evening is going to bring - not sure we are going to be successful for a 7pm bedtime if he's asleep now...

Oh, almost forgot to say was greeted by two smiles this morning - I didn't hear any gas escaping so I think they were real!
Still no poo! (Yes, I know I'm obsessed by his poo!)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

If he is exclusively breastfed still then up to 10 days without poo is quite normal. Their, ahem, "pattern" often changes around 6 weeks - they might go from pooing 8 times a day to only once a week or thereabouts. Not sure what effect the gaviscon would have though.
So I don't think you necessarily need to worry (I rang the nct helpline when T did exactly this!)
The only thing I am a little concerned about is the solid poos he has been having - but I guess if he is uncomfortable he'll let you know; if he's fine just enjoy the easy life! Just be prepared for an explosion when it does finally arrive ;)

Nik and Matt said...

Thanks for this Lisa. As you can see he has pooed so I am relieved (as I am sure he is as well). Didn't realise bowel movements changed at 6 weeks - this makes me feel much better - he is 'normal' after all!