Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Painting is fun

Another week has gone by very fast and I am as usual playing catch up.

Nothing much exciting happened last week (not that I can remember anyway) Tom carried on trialling toddlers at nursery - he seemed to be happy and comfortable so I guess that's a good thing.

One thing I have changed with our routine is to try to have dinner at 5pm so we eat with Tom. This worked well, and we discovered a new 'favourite' food of Tom's - River Cobbler. Couldn't believe it - I gave him a small piece expecting him to view it suspiciously and toss aside as he does with any protein, BUT he ate it and demanded more. He ate loads and loads of it - so much so that Matt sped up his intake to make sure Tom wouldn't eat all of his. So, I think River Cobbler is going to become a regular menu item - until he gets bored of it anyway.

Thursday saw us in Jungleland in the morning and Pirate Playpit with Mae and Olly in the afternoon. He had a grizzly day which was unfortunate, but it was good to catch up with everyone.

Friday we were without car during the day so we hung around Donnington doing nothing that much interesting. Rachel came round to babysit in the evening. We were going to go to the cinema to see The King's Speech, but Matt wasn't well - so we went for curry instead.

Saturday Tom and I went shopping, I finally bought myself a cooling rack for my cakes (you would think I had one wouldn't you!). We left Matt at home as he had realised that he had forgotten to do a translation that was due Sunday evening - oops. We met up with him for lunch (which we had down our 'club' - The Golf Club - our local). I spent Saturday evening round Rachel's babysitting for her and doing my sugarcraft homework - Daffodils, Pussy Willow and Periwinkle.

Sunday we went up to Chirk to see Jude. Had a great time, Tom LOVED her cooking and ate and ate and ate. He also had a nap there with no problem and a good toddle around the canal - he even managed to throw some bread to the ducks (rather than eating it, which is what he has done on previous occasions)

Another new trick is that Tom now washes his face in the bath with a sponge - is so cute to wash, although, I think he does it so he can have a drink of bath water - naughty boy.

Oh, we had our first painting session at home today - I took a little video, not the best quality I'm afraid, but you get the idea.

AND, finally after a lot of talk, we finally put the house on the market today:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-17946171.html

No comments: