Search This Blog

Saturday 25 June 2011

I won't go on the bike unless Mummy comes with us!

Once behind I am behind on the blog, I blame cakes, I had a mega week last week - a Ford Capri, a F1 car, a massive globe cake with canoe and mountain bike, a wedding cupcake tower AND some confirmation cupcakes - which is more than enough, well in fact it is too much for 2 mornings a week, Tom ended up in nursery again on Friday morning so I could do the cupcakes, but even with an extra morning, I still struggled to get it all done. However, I had all happy customers, and earned more money this week than I have done in some months, so can't complain too much. As you can see I've put one of the cakes up here (Matt says this is his favourite from the week) If you want to see the others, take a look at my website: www.lilypadbakery.co.uk or if you are on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LilyPadBakery. If anyone reading this has had one of my cakes and would like to be included in my new testimonial section on my website, let me know, I would be most grateful.

Anyhow, all this meant that no blog got written last week. Mind you, there wasn't much to talk about. Saturday was spent delivering cakes and waiting for cakes to be collected, followed by a bike trip to Wyevale to visit a food fair (where Matt got his most favourite sausage rolls in the world for a bargain price, so now our house smells of garlic and harissa - nice!) We had quite a few 'episodes' on Saturday. As I was out delivering cakes, Matt thought it would be nice to take Tom out for a bike ride, but it wasn't to be, Tom got very upset and screamed for me. He didn't stop. Matt had to turn round and come back in the end, he was worried that people would think that he had abducted Tom AND it was an unpleasant experience - Matt was quite disappointed as was I.

Sunday was Father's Day. We were going to do the BEST walk and picnic, but after yesterday's episodes, Matt decided he wanted to take Tom for a long bike ride, so we rode to The Fox in Chetwynd Aston had a snack and rode back again. All was good, but Tom did get a little worried until he was sure I was going with him. The ride was just over 13 miles, however, both of us felt reasonably good (even though my bike decided it didn't have a 3rd gear) - guess the 4 mile daily circuit is having some affect on our fitness.

Anyway, it was a good day. Tom almost fell asleep on the way home, and it managed not to rain which was an added blessing.

Oh and this weekend, Tom had his first lesson in cake decoration - you can see the results - I think he shows potential...

No comments: