Search This Blog

Sunday 5 June 2011

Islay Holiday - Part 6

Wednesday

Today, the weather wasn’t as good – it had clouded over, so we decided to go over to the North East of the island and finish off our tour of the distilleries. We headed off to Bunnahabhain, where once again Tom went mad in the shop (just as well we were the only customers). I got a sample of a nice Whisky, but Matt went for the peaty one (yuck). We went for a wonder along the shore – Tom threw many stones into the sea – finding the largest ones on the shore of course.

Next stop was Caol Ila, where Tom was more interested in the building works than the whisky! This didn’t stop Matt though who bought his 7th bottle of whisky. That brought our tour to an end, so we headed off to Port Askaig to the hotel there for lunch (which was run by the most stressed staff I have ever seen – couldn't find a reason for their stress as the restaurant wasn’t full, but by time we left, I was stressing for them – all very strange).

Next stop was Finlaggan, the ancient seat of the Lords of the Isles. A very very windy place – I almost got blown away, and I was weighed down with Tom on my back! We had a good clamber around and I found a patch (yahoo!). Then back home.

No comments: