Search This Blog

Sunday 5 June 2011

Islay Holiday - Part 1

Friday

Not too much to say about today, it was a driving day: from Telford to Kilmarnock. Took about 5 hours in total. Stopped off at our favourite supermarket restaurant – Booths in Garstang for lunch. This restaurant does the most wonderful food for very decent prices, is large and airy and has an interactive children’s play area, meaning we were all happy.

Tom was impeccably behaved in the car, didn’t moan once. He slept for about an hour and happily amused himself with books and toys I had put out for him. Got to the Travelodge, where to our surprise they had a travel cot which they gave us free of charge, so we put up our tent shelter around it meaning Tom had his private room within our room.

Next stop was Asda to get some food in for the week (don’t think there is much in the way of supermarkets in Islay and pretty sure most will be closed tomorrow), found some haggis and potato scones, so certainly getting in the mood for Scotland.

We then found a family friendly pub for dinner (so family friendly, each booth had a TV in it – no good for us as Tom doesn’t ‘do’ TV). Matt dived straight in for Haggis, whilst I went for curry. Tom decided my dinner looked better and ate it! And I mean that, he ate a good ¾ of my rice and half my chicken and sauce. It was so bad, that I ended up getting a pudding to fill me up (Tom would have eaten that too, except Matt wouldn’t let him!)

No comments: