Search This Blog

Monday 30 July 2012

I enjoy swimming!!!!

So had a busy-ish weekend.  Saturday saw us visiting Carol in Wollerton.  We were supposed to have a BBQ with them, but she had forgot (I love Carol, she told us straight "to be honest I forgot you were coming" I so much prefer that to little white lies)  Anyway being as hospitable as always there were plenty of sandwiches to go round and as is the norm, everyone talked over everyone else in order to get in as much conversation as possible.  Victoria was there with Oliver (3 weeks older than Tom) and Joshua (born in May) I managed a cuddle.

It was obvious they were really busy - Carol has got 7 horses on site and has started up a Dog 'Home away from Home' business, so had 5 extra dogs as well, so we let them get on with it and came home a little earlier than expected.  Not a problem, there was plenty we needed to do at home - dismantling the house etc.  I then spent the evening baby sitting for Mae and Lucy and for the first time ever, when I arrived both girls were in bed and I didn't hear a peep from them - didn't know what to do with myself.

Sunday, we decided to take Tom swimming in the morning to tire him out for a afternoon nap so we could get more dismantling done.  Got to the pool, found it deeper than usual, told the staff who then asked us how deep it should be.  He then adjusted the depth with everyone still in the pool - very high tec.  As soon as the pool was at 0.8 meters and Tom could reach the floor he had confidence and decided that he was going to swim.

He swam for the whole session - whole widths at a time, he giggled when Matt poured a bucket of water over him????!!!!!, he really enjoyed himself.  We were gobsmacked, he generally grizzles and clings to me and it takes all manner of persuasion to get him to try to swim.  I don't know if it had something to do with his new shinkansen armbands that I purchased from Hong Kong ebay recently (his old ones had a puncture and I couldn't resist these ones)  Anyway, we had lots of fun, at one stage I was feeling almost redundant!  Another significant day in the life of Tom, we just have to hope that we manage to find another pool in our new area just as good where he can build upon this.

So today the removers came in, packaged everything up and packed up the van.  They didn't get quite as much done as they thought (shed and greenhouse are still full and there are still some boxes in the house), so are coming back at 7. 15 tomorrow morning to finish up.

The next blog post will be written from Cumbria - who would have thought that I would end up a Northern Lass (I bet you my accent doesn't change a bit, although I'm sure Tom's will!)

Thank you Telford, it's been fun.  Certainly have met lots of lovely people, all of whom I will miss.  Will have to throw myself into community life up there to find new friends - at least I have a ready made friend-maker in Tom.  I really hope our friends here come to visit us up North - it is scenic and a holiday destination after all.

No comments: