Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Home

Well that was a bit of a break wasn't it?  I could have updated the blog on Matt's home computer if I really wanted to, but to be honest, it would have been too much of a hassle - so I thought it better to wait until I got my computer back

Sleepy head
So, Tom and I came home together.  It was a very long day.  It took us about 22 hours door to door, but the flights were all on time, the transfer worked well, we didn't have to wait long at Heathrow (mainly because we had to walk so far).  Tom was very well behaved on the flight - he managed to charm the cabin crew - being the only child of his age on the flight.  He slept for about 3 hours (he would have gone longer, but we were landing at Heathrow and I had to wake him up).  He went to the toilet about 15 times - it got so bad that I banned him from drinking any more!  He only had one incident which was when we landed at Heathrow.  We came to a sudden stop at the end of the runway because the airplane's nose steering wasn't working, meaning we had to wait for someone to come out to us to tow us to the terminal.  It was at this point that Tom needed a wee - great timing (but to be fair to him he had just woken up!).  Even the cabin crew were still strapped in, so there was no way we would be able to do so!  I told him that - he cried, still there was nothing I could do.  He seemed to understand in the end and stopped.  When we finally got to the terminal I ran to find some cabin crew who let us in the toilet.  Phew - accident averted (just).

Luckily the motorways were free flowing (very strange for Manchester on a Friday evening) so we got home quickly.  Tom went straight to bed, whilst I stayed up till 10pm - I was wired from the drive home, making sure I didn't fall asleep etc.

I found Ingleton very strange to start with, so so so quiet, my ears were buzzing from the quietness.  No Yurikamome, no expressway, no people only birds and sheep.


No comments: