Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Weekend of Jetlag

So, I managed 2 blocks of 2 hour sleeps.  Tom faired better, but at 4am I gave up and at 5am Tom came into my room and we lazed in bed for a while.  I had done an Asda order from Japan to be delivered this morning.  I had a malt loaf in for breakfast which we ate in seconds, we were both very happy - poor Tom missed both lunch and dinner yesterday as he was asleep for one and we had no food in the house when we got home.  By 7am we were both very very hungry again but had to wait for the Asda man to come.  I had arranged for him to come between 8 and 10.  Why?  Next time I need to book him in for 6 to 8am!  I was literally pacing up and down waiting for him.  Of course he arrived at 9.58!  We both dived on the food and made ourselves some lunch (it felt like lunch by then).

Playing in a real life size toy!
Once fed, we were happy and put the rest of the food away.  Then we headed to Fred and Frank's for a play.  Caroline had invited us around to help with the jet lag.  It was a godsend, we both kept busy playing with our friends.  The sun was shining, Rob got his tank out and ran it up and down a hill which was fun.  The boys were allowed to play on a digger, so they were happy.  They went collecting eggs, played in the sandpit, played on bikes, ran a lot, had lunch etc etc.







Playing with tanks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg780Nd0Pgo

Tilly Mai
Tom got tired at 3pm: his eyes suddenly went heavy (his eyes always give him away), so we said our thank yous and left.  We had dinner at 4pm and Tom was in bed at 5pm.  I promptly fell asleep at 7pm and was woken by the phone which was good.  I then dragged myself to bed at 9pm.

Tractor
Caroline had mentioned that there was a steam fair on in Scorton (near Garstang) over the weekend and that they were taking the boys on Sunday, they were more than happy for us to join them.  I thought about it for a while (steam fairs were never my thing when I was a child - having been dragged round them many times).  However, I have a small boy that needed entertaining and it wasn't raining, so not being able to think of anything better to do, along we went.

Farm vehicle of some sort
It was actually more fun than I was
expecting.  One of the first things we noticed was a Blue Line Truck called Tilly Mai.  This is the truck I had to make a sugar model of for the owner.  We lined up the boys and took a pic - if I get asked to make it again, at least now I have a good photo of it.

Horses and knights
We looked around all the vehicles, all the miniature steam pumps (I have never understood the draw of these, but the boys seemed to enjoy them) and then we found the tractors.  Fred managed to charm one of the exhibitors and managed to gain a massive poster of a combine, poor Caroline then had to carry it around with her for the rest of the day!

We then split up.  Tom and I went in search for lunch (the others had had theirs in the car on the way over).  We found a cafe run by a farm shop so I had a sandwich and Tom a sausage roll.  We then met up again at the big show field where we saw a jousting competition which was quite fun.

Driving his own truck





Fair swings
We then let the boys have a go on some fair rides.  Then one last look around the vehicles before heading home.  Another good day.  By the time we got home it was past 5pm, so we had a quick tea and then to bed.  School tomorrow - it's going to be a very busy week!




No comments: