Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Sports Day

Ready, steady, GO!
As I said, it was a busy week.  On Wednesday Tom had his sports day.  All children were split into teams which are spread across the school.  Tom was in the blue team.  He was in two races:  running race (against all the other boys) - he came third behind Lucas and Finn, which is pretty good going.

The next race was the scuttle race - where you have 3 bean bags and hoops on the floor.  You have to drop the bean bags in the hoops and then sprint to the end.  I have this one on film (sorry after preparing my camera for the afternoon I forgot to take it with me so this has all been done with my phone).  Tom is second to the end in blue.  He is last during the bean bag drop bit and then sprints to the end to arrive in second place - I guess he's got quite a pace on him.

Scuttle Race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoJWCe6RODs&feature=youtu.be

It was a lovely afternoon -  around 26 / 27 degrees which pretty hot for Yorkshire.  There wasn't any shade for us Mummies and as a result all of us got burnt.  But we had fun and the blue team won overall by a couple of points, so Tom's victories really did count for the team.  Well done blues and well done Tom x

No comments: