Search This Blog

Monday 29 June 2015

Quiet Weekend

Tom was looking very worn out this week - the hayfever has taken its toll, and as he's run down, he's managed to get a cold too.  So there is snot everywhere, and his eyes show us how tired and run down he is.

The task for Saturday was to get him to have a nap to try to give him some relief from his symptons.  The morning was spent in Sedburgh.  I had a birthday cake to deliver to a girl at the school from her Mum in Russia - my second international order!  All was going well until we got to the town and for life or money could not find the house she was in.  I think we found every other house, but not hers.  Matt ended up calling the headmaster and we left it in his office.  I got a big thank you from her mum later that day, so I guess she got it.  Schools give me the heebie jeebies as it is, a posh boarding school completely intimidates and stresses me out.  I was glad to get rid of it!

We then returned to Ingleton and dropped off Matt (he was playing cricket).  Tom and I then headed to Barton Grange Garden Centre near Preston - a huge place, famous for its urinals (in the shape of flowers - Tom was very pleased because on tip toes he was able to use them this time).  We just needed a cane to prop up our rose bush, but it was far enough away that Tom fell asleep and got a good 40 minutes snoring in before waking up all disorientated.  Job done.

Big cake!
We looked around the various parts of the centre, and then had tea and a bun.  Tom chose the biggest cupcake he could find with a huge amount of white frosting on it (yuck - what on earth do they make that with), he assured me that he would eat it.  He took one bite, told me how delicious it was, took another bite and said that actually he wouldn't finish it!  I took the icing off it and he ate the cake underneath - a case of mother knows best I think! I, on the other hand had a lovely coconut slice.

We then bought the canes we came from and headed into the farm shop to buy food for tea - mushrooms featured of course.  We then headed home, watched Matt play cricket for a couple of overs and then went home and had tea.  Early to bed for Mr Tom today!

Sunday the boys had a day out on the trains, so I will hand over to Matt...

No comments: