Search This Blog

Saturday 8 August 2015

Matt's Birthday

Happy Birthday Matt.

The day started off with Tom walking into our room at 7am - a time we told him with his present - chosen and (sort of) wrapped by him.  He opened that (a Gromit mug) and all other pressies and then he got breakfast in bed (bacon and egg on bread).  We then headed off to Lancaster train station.  Matt had chosen to spend the whole day in Liverpool - mainly so he could go to Etsu and order all the starters in order to have as close to an Izakaya meal as possible.

We had an uneventful train journey and did a little bit of shopping (mainly a new sim card for me so I could use my new phone) and then headed to Etsu.  We did order almost one of everything and I took a photo of Matt with all his food for the blog - but when I synced my phone it got wiped, so I'm afraid I don't have any pictures of the birthday boy.

Tom and Tots!
Once we had eaten up, I did a spot of shopping in Pepperbury, and we picked up a camping cook set for next time we head off with the tent and then we headed to the World Museum.  This is a little museum which has exhibit on the Natural World and World Culture.  All exhibits were quite small - so perfect for a little one with limited concentration.  We found they were doing a special feature on Japanese culture including workshops for children.  We walked in to find someone dressed up as Totoro - how cool!  Tom did some origami and Matt spoke to people about mutual acquaintances -  a nice little interlude.  We then had tea and bun and headed back home on the train.  Everyone happy.

Friday Tom started his Ingleton Pool swimming lessons (great social for me and Tom - catching up with all the mums and kids).  Tom did well - he's in the class below his ability, meaning he's the best in it which he prefers, although they do use swim aids - which of course he doesn't need.  The afternoon saw us around Matthew's house having a catch up with Lynne.

No comments: