Search This Blog

Saturday 6 February 2016

Another grey weekend

It was another grey, miserable weekend.  I had a cold for it so the weather suited me just fine!

Tom spent the morning at the scout hut playing football again as the fields were waterlogged again.  He then spent the afternoon with Matt and Grandpa at a model railway exhibition in Kendal whilst I stayed home and felt sorry for myself.

Trainspotting
The model railway exhibition was very good - some very impressive layouts, but Tom showed little interest in the actual scenery of layouts, and much preferred standing behind the layouts watching the operators do their stuff in the "fiddle yards". Why does this nor surprise me?

Sunday, we had more of the same weather so we decided to get the train to Bradford for curry.  We went back to our old favourite - The Kashmir where the service was a little more enthusiastic than usual.  It was still quite cheap, although Tom had his own curry this time, so it was over £20!  We spent the rest of the day feeling bloated, so much so that neither Matt nor I had tea.  Tom did though - and he ate the same amount of curry as we did!

No comments: