Search This Blog

Friday 3 June 2016

Nice Week Off

So, this week has been a free bonus week.  If I had been working for an employer, this is when I would have gone back to work.  However, I work for me, and as it was the last week before half term, there was no point in starting up the business again.  Fantastic, I made sure I had lots planned to enjoy myself.

On Monday I headed into Skipton to go shopping with Anne.  Had a very lovely day in the sunshine. I discovered that I am now a size 12 in most shops much to my excitment (depending on the style of course as my big chest sometimes gets in the way).  Anne was very good, finding me styles to try on that I wouldn't normally go for and encouraging me all the way (I'm not the best shopper and will quickly get bored and give up if I am by myself).  Anne's way of shopping is to go to every shop and try everything on and then leave potential purchases behind the sales desk to pick up later.  She was very diligent.  In the end I bought 3 new dresses - a record for me (although I think 2 of them are going to go back for various reasons).  It is so nice to see a slim me in the mirror, clothes look so much better on a slim body.

Tuesday
I went to see Dr Morgan and then walked over to Cold Coates to see Ruth for the afternoon.  It was a quiet afternoon spent with Florence (off school ill) and Hugo.  Very pleasant though.

Victorian urchin
Wednesday I went to Feizor with the girls (Caroline, Kate, Lynne and Steph) to do a circular walk, taking in Elaine's and Oxenber Woods with all the bluebells out etc.  It was a lovely, lovely walk with good company.


Thursday I didn't have much planned, it was a cold and rainy day.  I headed to Kirkby Lonsdale in the car by myself in the morning to buy Janine a thank you gift (she's been an absolute diamond throughout my 'illness' and I wanted to say thank you properly to her).  In the afternoon I headed to Stacksteads for some swimming.  It felt a lot better this time.  I was able to swim for 30 mins without my scar hurting, so I guess some strength has come back to my tummy.

Tom had Victorian Day at school - Matt had got him a Dickensian costume so we dressed him up and sent him along with the other urchins for a day at school.  They all looked great.

Friday
I started Friday with a romp around the waterfalls trail.  I did it in 1hr 38mins which is back to the sort of times I was doing before the op, so I think we can say my walking fitness has returned to where it was, just my stomach fitness to work on now.  I am doing a royal iced cake for a friend who is a pilates teacher at the moment.  She is going to do a 1:1 session with me to isolate my tummy muscles and show me how to build them back up again - she said that she will even give me homework.  Can't wait - really want to get working on it.

Lottie, Evie, Tom, Isaac & Caitlin - a lovely bunch
Today I started to think about work, after a tidy up I sat down and wrote out loads of booking forms for cakes I've been taking on over the last couple of weeks.  I've also been royal icing a cake ready for the first week back after half term when it needs decorating and delivering.

We had decided to go to the new Mason's Arms for tea tonight.  It was going to be just the three of us, but then the Ellershaws asked if they could come by, and then the Cronshaws - so we ended up 11 in total.  The pub don't take reservations so we just turned up and to be fair the landlady was very accommodating and found us a big table.  We ordered and had all our meals within 30 mins.  The food was ok - nothing amazing, but good enough and as I said the food came out quickly and the service was good.  We will be back to try some of the other meals.  The kids all got on which meant it was a great night out.  However, more was to come as I had my birthday drinks with Janine in The Old Post Office this evening as well.  By the time we got home from The Masons Arms I had half an hour and was out again.  I didn't drink at the Masons Arms on purpose so I could drink at TOPO, we had a bottle of white wine and a couple of G&Ts each.  We were the last to leave and were quite tipsy when we left, it was a good night (even if I can't remember most of it!)

No comments: