Search This Blog

Sunday 4 June 2017

Craven Wanderers Award Night

Arten Gill Viaduct
Friday 12th
Matt didn't have much work on and asked if I was up for a walk.  I haven't had much work to do at all since April - think the fact I redirected all my enquiries this time last year has killed my business this year.  I'm not great at not having much to do, and seem to sway between being bored, bored, bored or working on mad capped ideas to try to generate more interest for my businesses or the PTA.  It would be better just to have more cake orders, but I guess its going to take time.

Young Belties
So, we packed some fruit and headed over to Dent Dale for a walk.  We parked just above the Dent Head Viaduct and then followed a walk that Matt knew.  I was a little worried if I would be able to do it OK as I had been suffering from a cold and cough, but I surprised myself and did fine.  The walk was lovely - started off as rolling hills full of sheep and moved into shepherds' lanes, then directly under the viaduct and back to the car again.  It was a lovely walk, very picturesque, it didn't rain and we saw some Galloway Belties which is always a bonus.


Saturday 13th
Today was Tom's last football match - hurray!  Matt was playing cricket for Ingleton at Windermere and was worried he wouldn't be able to get back in time for it, so Tom and I headed out with Caitlin and Rich to Skipton.  The kids all did well during the match.  Caitlin got Star of the Week which was well deserved as she kept at it and didn't give up.  At all.
Above Arten Gill

We got home earlier than we expected, guess what - Matt was at home!  He could have come after all.    We said goodbye to him and then had lunch at Bernies.  We had a quiet afternoon at home before heading over to the Bickerstaffs for a drink before the Craven Wanderers Award Night.  Now we went to this last year and it was awful, so many speeches, it went on and on and on and on.  This year they sped it up significantly - phew.  We also knew to drink lots in order to enjoy it, so we did that and actually had a good time.  Tom was off as soon as we arrived, we didn't see him all night.  He didn't get an award, but to be honest we didn't expect him to, he unfortunately didn't start shining until the last month of the season, whilst all the others in his team shone for pretty much the whole season!

Matt, Craig and Rich seemed to disappear off to The Old Post Office for a couple of pints quite early, Janine and I stayed quite late, mummy dancing until Tom got hold of me, got me my bag and coat and told me it was time to go home.  It was almost 11pm, so I guess I couldn't say no (this was the second time he had my bag - earlier in the night he had grabbed my bag and me and told me I was being irresponsible leaving my bag unattended!!!!)  Matt waltzed in about 10 mins after us.  It had been a good night.

Sunday 14th
3D movie time
We were both a 'little' fragile on Sunday, so decided to head to Rheged for the day.  There was a photography exhibition that Matt wanted to visit, and a 3d film set in the National Parks of America which we thought Tom would enjoy, so we booked in.

We had a good look around the photos, whilst Matt managed to not spend a lot of money on new equipment (well done).  We then had lunch: I had to go for a full roast as I was in dire need of food, food, food.  Then to the 3d film which was very lovely.  We came out, had tea and a bun and then looked around the shops before giving Tom some play time in the adventure playground and return home.  The best use of a hungover day.

No comments: