Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Half Term Hurray!

Friday dawned glorious sunshine, fab.  Smiles all around.

Tom was picked up from school from Bee - William's mum.  William is in year 1, but the two have become firm friends due to cricket.  Tom helps William out where he can at school etc, it's lovely to watch.  We had William for tea last year sometime, so Bee I think felt she had to ask Tom over.  It turned out really well, obviously Tom is old enough to play well without constant supervision, and I think Bee got a vision of the future.  She said he had been the easiest 'child home for tea' ever!  He did, however, eat her out of house and home!  Spag bol was on the menu - he finished it all and then had cheese and biscuits because there wasn't enough!  That's my boy!

Friday night is cricket night.  Last week Mac told us to bring deck chairs, wine, bbq etc, not needing to be told twice, we did so, so we turned up at the start (after an hour at the Old Post Office as we were child free), caught up with Tom and then enjoyed a very social evening drinking Rosé in the sun.

I then got home, had a quick shower, got dressed and headed to La Cascada to meet up with everyone who didn't make it to my cheese and wine evening last week.  I didn't drink though - I didn't want another hangover and anyway Matt can't drive with his foot so I had to be responsible.  I did well too.  John Manning came over to 'babysit' Matt and I found them very jolly with lots of empty bottles of beer and a half eaten packet of Manomasa crisps.  Think it was almost midnight before we finally got to bed.
New shoe

Saturday
After speaking to the girls and looking at Matt struggling with his foot, I managed to persuade him to go back to A and E and ask for a boot.  We didn't have to wait long, less than an hour.  All the staff agreed that he did need a boot and he looked much much happier once he had it on.  He can put wait on the bad foot, so walk in a fashion.  He also doesn't need to be so scared about people knocking it by accident as it is protected.  He has also accepted that he can't drive the car which is a relief as I was pretty sure he couldn't.

We went to the Water Witch for lunch (very nice it was too - always good food there) before returning home.  Now, I was going to take Tom to Ingleton swimming pool as it opened today, but a thunder and lightening storm came overhead, so instead we went to Stacksteads where we met up with Matthew and Lynne and spent over 2 hours in the pool having fun.

No comments: