Search This Blog

Monday 22 July 2019

Hayfever

I have written to our Drs about Tom's hay fever as it is causing him issues - which are only going to get worse as he gets older.  He is on drugs for it - but he still gets all the symptoms.  I've learnt now that if you want to get something done at the Drs - write to Dr Morgan and she sorts it.  I wrote to her and within a week I had received an appointment letter to see an Allergy Consultant.  We all went for the appointment - we saw a lovely Dr who took everything very seriously and had a lovely manner with us and with Tom.  Tom was able to explain himself quite well and I explained about my hay fever etc.  They took some bloods to work out what he is allergic to (couldn't do skin prick test as you need to be off anti-histamines for an extended period before being tested) apparently they just test for grass / tree these days, not specific like I had.  She's given Tom a new load of medicines to try out and will see him again next year and will keep seeing him until they can find a way of alleviating it for him.  Oh and they still do the desensitisation injections - but you have to have 4 over 4 weeks and we would have to travel to Manchester for them - so hoping we won't have to go down that route....

No comments: