Search This Blog

Sunday 25 October 2020

Quiet week whilst we suffer / recover from colds

We decided to have a quiet weekend, Tom was still recovering from his cold and I wasn't feeling 100%.  It was the last day of the Staycation Express so Matt and Tom headed to Blea Moor to see it, whilst I stayed at home.  Sunday saw us staying at home (Tom had homework to do) and we had a full roast dinner with Tom's yorkshires for tea - to try to make us all feel better.  

Monday - I had Tom's cold!  I was streaming, full of snot and feeling quite sorry for myself.  Typical that I had a cake going out on Tuesday.  It took me an age to do it, luckily I had all day and had done most of the  decorations.  This was not good.  I had other orders for the weekend too oh hum, I would have to struggle on.  The week was mainly spent having hot baths, blowing my nose, washing my hands hundreds of times and doing things slowly.  It was a horrible cold!

Wednesday Tom was supposed to be taking part in the selection process for South Lakes District Cricket team, we told them he had a cold, they told us not to go, just to be on the safe side.  He would get the opportunity again once they start training. 

Thursday - Tom came home from school with a French Certificate for good participation during class.  Only 2 pupils got one, so he was very pleased with himself, as was Grannie!

No comments: