Search This Blog

Monday 25 October 2010

A busy weekend

After getting back from Spain very late on Thursday night (actually Friday morning to be accurate), we had a busy weekend as it was Sammie's wedding on Saturday, which was held in a village near Boston in Lincolnshire. So it was a case of dump everything, change bags and shoot out the door again.

Anyway, the wedding went well, Tom behaved impeccably and the cake made it more or less in one piece - the middle tier was cracked, but I took a comprehensive cake repair kit with me, and by the time I finished, you could hardly see it was there, so I think I got away with it. Lots of lessons to learn for next time.

We stopped off at Belton Park on the way home (where Pride and Prejudice was filmed), where there was an adventure playground and maze. The playground was ok, but the maze was the best thing ever - he ran and giggled his way round like a complete loony.

Got home ok, in fact the journey there and back was remarkably good.

Today we were back to normal, so it was Messy Mondays this morning - AT LAST I got him to do some painting, so we have a orange splattered cardboard plate with some black triangles on it hanging proudly on a kitchen cupboard (it is supposed to be a Halloween pumpkin). This afternoon we went to Hoo Farm - it was a glorious afternoon, blue skies, but freezing cold, so I took the opportunity to dress him up in the winter suit we bought for £2 in Japan. Doesn't he look cute.

That's about it, as we are back to normal we are back to playing with food, I give him things which he initially refuses, so he goes to bed hungry, I give it to him again the following day etc etc, until hunger takes over, he tries it and realises he does actually like it. It worked with sandwiches, so lets hope it works with other things. This week I am going to try to get him to eat egg mayonnaise sandwiches, I'll report back if I win...

No comments: