Search This Blog

Thursday 7 October 2010

Tom is a tyke!

Tom slept through on Sunday night (maybe he really didn't need his dinner). Since then he has eaten very well, so maybe I wasn't being overly mean.

The weather this week has been glorious, so we have taken full advantage of it and spent as much time outside as possible. Tom has enjoyed exploring the autumn landscape, picking up leaves and giving them to me.

On Wednesday I went to collect Tom from nursery and Chris gave me the finger painting you can see opposite. I told him about how I can't get Tom to do anything messy, he was really surprised. Apparently his portfolio is full of paintings that Tom has done for him. He went on to tell me how much he loves playing with anything mucky - play doh, gloop, glue etc, he will go over and play with it even if it's not his planned activity. The little tyke! How come he will do it for Chris and not me?! I get tears if I try to do anything like that, I will keep trying.

Wednesday evening I got the news that Michelle's Mum had died (Seren's Grandmother). I got quite teary, made me think - Seren won't remember her which will be really hard for Michelle. Michelle is an only child and not yet 30, so it must be hitting her really hard. So sad, she wasn't old, just unlucky - she had cancer a couple of years ago, I'm guessing it came back. I have offered my help to Michelle, but she is the type of person to not take it.

I haven't done any cakes recently, I haven't taken on any orders in the attempt to get Sammie's wedding cake done. All the tiers are now marzipanned and iced, figures more or less completed - just need to do the eyes, and put the military decorations on Will. Spent all this week making roses for it, next challenge is to put it all together - am a bit scared, but I will need to do it soon, Mum and Dad are coming up on Sunday and their room is currently full of iced cakes.

No comments: