Search This Blog

Friday 1 October 2010

Curry disaster

I was looking forward to today. We had arranged to meet up with one of Tom's little friends and her Mum and Dad for curry at the East End Balti. We had told them about our success when we took Tom a couple of weeks ago, Pat, Daisy's Dad loves curry so we arranged it.

Unfortunately Matt is still quite under the weather, with little appetite so he decided to stay at home (it must be serious!) we went along, and I now wish we had cancelled on account of Matt (problem is that Pat is seldom at home through work). I think I walked into a family row. Olivia (Daisy's half sister who is about 10/11) had bright red eyes and had obviously been crying. Pat was miserable, leaving Jane to try to make conversation. Then Daisy decided to kick off and started to scream - huge loud, ear piercing screams. You could cut the atmosphere with a knife. I tried to make conversation, but just got monosyllabic answers. Pat walked out with Daisy and then sent Olivia in to hasten Jane up. I was left on my own with Tom - it was a complete nightmare. One of the worse meals out I have ever had.

On the plus side, Tom was an absolute angel - ate loads of poppadom and then loads of rice and curry sauce - didn't murmur a word. Came home needing a stiff drink! Remind me not to do that again!

We are seeing them tomorrow as Tom and Daisy go swimming together, I wonder how it will go...

No comments: