Search This Blog

Sunday 3 October 2010

Muddy puddles

A nice weekend. Saturday was gorgeous weather wise, Matt was still feeling yuck so Tom and I went swimming on our own. He was really good again, only crying when he startled himself, trying to throw a ball into the ball (instead of throwing a ball he threw himself, but only halfway - I caught him, but he got a little upset. Didn't last long)

As it was such a lovely day, when we got home, I ordered Matt outside, so we went to Norbury Junction - where there is a canal and path to walk along. I carried Tom as he was sleepy and not wanting to walk and Matt was having trouble walking himself. Went to the tea room for lunch, sandwiches and a bowl of chips. Tom ate chips and refused anything else. Typical!!!! Other than that he was well behaved. The tea room didn't have any high chairs, I thought I would give Tom the benefit of the doubt and try him in an adult chair to see if he would sit still and not try to climb out. He did us proud, he still wriggled, twisted round to watch the narrow boats pass by (who can blame him), but apart from that was very well behaved. I guess he is growing up...

After lunch we went over to feed the ducks (for the first time ever, I had remembered to bring some old bread out with us) The ducks were excited and came up to see us. Matt and I showed Tom what to do: tear the bread, throw to the ducks. I gave Tom some bread, it went straight into his mouth! We tried again and again, but he decided that the ducks would go hungry as he stuffed the bread into his mouth. Apparently then stale bread is better than sandwiches made with fresh bread and fillings!

There were a lot of muddy puddles on the path by the ducks which Tom decided to explore. Which was fun, until he went SPLAT, face first into a puddle! He got soaked, poor thing. Luckily I had something on me he could change into so he wasn't wet for long. We then went to speak to a lady running a cheese shop on her narrow boat (what a great way to spend your days). She had lots of samples for us to try - this cheered Tom up no end, he ate the lot, and we ended up spending £10 on cheese, including one very fiery Red Leicester.

We returned home after that, Tom had his sleep and I finished off Paul's cake just in time for his birthday party which we went to once Tom was up. We all had a good time, especially Tom who
got to eat lots of very naughty food: basically sugar, salt and fat, not a piece of vegetable or fruit passed his lips naughty boy - just goes to show if you allow them choice, they do go for the bad things.

Came home just before 7, for a quick bath and bed. I was absolutely exhausted as was Matt so we both collapsed on the sofa until 9.30 when we gave up and went to bed.

We ALL had a fab night's sleep. The radio woke me up at 7, took me a while to come too, around 7.30 I went in to get Tom - he was still asleep (the effect of two late nights), he stayed asleep until 7.50 - a record. Today was very very miserable, it rained for most of the day. We escaped the house to visit Focus for some bits for the house and Waitrose for some luxury food items and lunch. Then home, sleep for Tom, catch up on various things for me. Jude and Richard then came round for tea and delivered some goodies from Pat and Bob who had just returned from the USA - yummy jamabalaya mix for us and some T-shirts and a book for Tom - many thanks. Tom then refused his dinner (risotto), so he didn't get any pudding and is going to bed hungry (am I being overly mean?)

That's it for this weekend - except to say that Tom is now saying yes (he's been saying yeah for a while, but this weekend the s has crept in). He also now shakes his head in order to say no (ie no vegetables, no risotto etc etc)

No comments: