Search This Blog

Saturday 12 March 2016

First kiss!

On Tuesday, it was Matthew's party - which was bowling in Morecambe.  It was a full class party so plenty of girls!  On Monday, Tom had told us "I'll tell you something to make you jealous!" - turns out he has a new girlfriend Ella, AND they were engaged and in love.

Oooooh, exciting stuff!  She was at the bowling party and made sure that Tom was on her team - so Tom was in a team of girls, he was happy.  Every time Tom bowled he got a peck on the cheek from Ella. It was all very very sweet and innocent.  Afterwards they went to the restaurant for pizza and chips.  Here Ella made sure she sat next to Tom, they were very happy together (see photo below) and ate their pizza etc without incident.  Until, at some point, Ella decided to snog Tom and when I say snog I mean lip to lip for a good 10 seconds before coming up for air!!!!!!!!!  Not just once, not twice, but again and again.  It was the talk of the party - both with the children and the mums.  I had the parenting dilemma, what on earth should I do in this situation?  All the 'action' was coming from Ella but her Mum wasn't there.  In the end I asked Tom if he was OK with everything that was going on and told him he didn't have to be kissed if he didn't want to.  It seemed he was very very happy about the situation, though and went back for more.  I left them to it, it was innocent, but quite a display.  The Mum who had responsibility for Ella did have a quiet word though as she thought someone should say something to her!


The loved up couple
The next morning I saw Ella's Mum in the playground, who was mortified by the whole episode.  She could hardly look at me.  One of the mums had told her what happened.  I tried my best to put her at her ease, it was a giggle and innocent, nothing more.  Anyway, she said she had had a word with her!

On Wednesday afternoon, Tom bounded out of school, very happy.  I asked him how Ella was and was told 'She dumped me....but it doesn't matter because now I have two girlfriends: Lauren and Freya'  He had a huge smile on his face as did Lauren.  I think Freya is completely unaware that she is Tom's 'second' girlfriend but Lauren looked over the moon.  Lauren is one of our favourites, so we are happy with that.

The love lives of 6 and 7 year olds certainly is fast moving!

Oh, we had Anthony from Okabe and Yampolsky stay with us on Tuesday.  He is over on a Land Rover holiday and visited us as part of it.  Matt went out with him during the day whilst I was ferrying children around for bowling and then we had dinner together in the evening - Beef in Beer, as English as I could go without making a roast, which was logistically quite difficult with being out.  He was a very easy guest, but boy could he talk, it was completely impossible to finish a conversation with him.  Not a huge problem, but I was tired and wanted to go to bed!

No comments: