Search This Blog

Friday 23 January 2009

36 Week Photo

We have been taking pics of my tum since I began to show at two week intervals. They aren't for public showing - but here's one at 36 weeks for you which is decent.

Everyone keeps telling me how small I am - I certainly don't feel small. When I lie down I get bigger - in fact when Matt is rubbing in my stretch mark cream in bed he calls the other side of my bump 'The Dark Side of the Moon' because he has to stretch to reach it. Apparently it has got a lot denser in recent weeks.

Went to my last breast feeding session today which was held at the Salvation Army (I'm getting to know Telford very well with all these community based courses) Today's session was for us to meet with breast feeding mums so we could ask questions. I as usual went very shy and awkward around the babies, but managed to warm up by the end of the session.

All the mums said that the best advice they could give us was to stay in hospital until you have breastfeeding sorted. Some had stayed in for 5 days plus - apparently that is fine with the hospital - they don't make you leave until you are ready. They all praised the midwives for the support they gave in hospital with breastfeeding. Once you get home you are pretty much on your own, so you need to be confident before you leave. That has reassured me greatly and I have warned Matt that he may be on his own at home for a little longer than he initially thought - I think it is in all our interests to make sure I and therefore the baby are happy with feeding as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

You look cute, haha!
Only 4 more weeks to go...remember feb 20...hang in there!

love ginger and co