Search This Blog

Sunday 25 January 2009

Last practice with other people's kids?


We're just back from our biannual get-together with Nik's Derby pals (in Wigan this time), and called in to see the Komorowskis on the way back. The weekend therefore involved interaction with kids aged 6, 4, 20 months and 18 months. No children were harmed in any way, so I guess we should be OK when our own arrives.

Young Leia Komorowski seemed to take a real shine to me today and kept coming back for more attention. I was very flattered, but I think Nik was starting to get a bit jealous.

Anyway, it was nice to see everyone looking so well, and we came back with another carload full of baby stuff. Thanks folks. I can't believe how much stuff we've been given/lent. It's been a huge help.

I look like being really busy right up until Munchkin arrives, so will be switching to work schedule B, which involves getting up an hour earlier every day. Fortunately, I now have access to an assistant, a certain N.L. Branch, who'll be helping me out. That should mean I get more translation work done in a day.

As of Tuesday, though, Nik is officially "in the zone" and can give birth at the PRH without the baby being classed as premature, so be prepared for some news any time soon.

1 comment:

Debbie & Adam said...

It was great to see you both as well! x