Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Another catch up

So don't really know where to start as it's been a while and all a bit of a blur. We had a good time up in Yorkshire, but didn't get very far with the house hunt. All houses were either too small or with no / too small gardens. I really do hate estate agents, not one offered any help, suggested any other properties, asked any questions about us and our intended move. When we got home, we found a few more properties just on the market through the same estate agents - humpfh. One even told the vendors that my mum lives in Ingleton and that is why we were relocating there - I have no idea where that came from. There must be a good estate agent out there somewhere, surely? One got in a strop with me when I asked if there were any other properties on the market that would suit our needs - telling me that I should look on the Internet - great service don't you think, why oh why do we have to go through them to buy properties. I hate giving them money for doing nothing.


Tom being solemn on the beach

Right, rant over! One good thing did come out of the weekend, we have now decided that Ingleton is the place - if you are interested, the village has a website: http://www.ingleton.co.uk/. As I said, on arrival back home we found another couple of properties that we could have viewed. We have decided to go back up again in November for a week - rent a cottage. That way we will see the place at its worse (November is always dull) and we will be able to walk up and down every street to see exactly what is for sale and make appointments there and then. We discovered that Rightmove really isn't reliable enough.

We did have a lovely time with Kathy and Paul. Unfortunately I was a little on the grumpy side as was suffering from tonsillitis and therefore had a very sore throat, temperature, headaches etc, whilst trying to be a good guest and keep Tom in check. Tom behaved himself quite well and endeared himself to Kathy and Paul, and Matt managed a night out with them (I went to bed early) - he got drunk under the table, but he should know - they are related to Betty and Geoff - notorious drinkers!!!

We took Tom to the beach on the Sunday, but he wasn't that fussed, however, he wasn't 100%. He's now definitely unwell. He's got worse as the week has gone on. Started off with him not being his happy self, then waking up through the night and refusing to go back to sleep (two nights now he has ended up in bed with me), appetite is down. Today he refused to eat at nursery, something he's never done before. He fell asleep 15 mins before I picked him up yesterday - found him with the others, lying on a mat with his bum up in the air. Today, he fell asleep in Chris' arms 5 minutes before I arrived. He had hot cheeks, so they took his temperature : 39 in one ear and 39.4 in the other. They gave him an emergency dose of Calpol there and then before I took him home. He has also been drinking lots and lots. I put him to bed as soon as we got home. He woke up after 45 mins (soiled nappy), went back to sleep and haven't heard from him since, am waiting until 4pm until I wake him up.

I have spoken to the Dr who reckons it is Viral Gastroenteritis, he said to keep an eye on him, keep administering Calpol, take him off dairy. If he gets any worse to take him in.

I've only had one cake to do this week - the dreaded Guinea Pig one. Baked the cake yesterday and iced it today. Matt thinks it is good. It certainly has come out better than I expected, although, of course, I know where all the faults and mistakes are. Oh, if you are wanting to see a full portfolio of pics of my cakes - visit my Facebook page: click here, or if you don't do Facebook, I also have them all on Flickr which has open access to everyone: click here. The website doesn't allow me to put all of them up - so these are better.

Oh, Monday was a nice day, we went to Meilyn's Naming Day - friends of ours from the West Midlands JET Chapter. Had a good afternoon, and they liked my cake (phew as I had a number of disasters with it!)

So that's us at the moment. Not great. I'm recovering from my illness, but still not 100%, and Tom isn't helping in that he isn't sleeping at the moment - not his fault I know. I just hope that whatever is wrong with him sorts itself out soon.

Right, better go up and see how he is.

No comments: