Search This Blog

Friday 3 September 2010

6 years ago today...

Today, Matt and I have been married 6 years! How on earth did that happen? Where has the time gone. That also means that we have been living in Telford for 6 years - so much for the quick stepping stone half house out of London - one more year here and I will have matched my longest stay in any one place. Not a great list of places: Wokingham and Telford, although have to say I definitely prefer Telford and since I have started to really live here I've discovered that it really isn't that bad a place - has everything you need and plenty of nice people (although it does have to be said that there are plenty of chavs here)

Matt took the morning off work and the three of us headed to the Green Wood Centre to go for a walk around Ironbridge. Discovered another part of Ironbridge we didn't know existed - very nice. Had a good view down over the power station at one stage. Tom was in the rucksack for most of the walk, but did have a toddle on a flat bit and managed NOT to pick up or sit in any cow pats - so a great success. We had lunch back at the Green Wood Centre, including naughty cakes (well we aren't eating until late tonight). They had a community notice board, so I put my card up on it. Had a chat with the cafe manager, she said that she had come across me as she had been researching suppliers for a Christmas market they are holding in December. That has got me thinking - would I be able to do something like that - what volume of cakes etc would I need to do? I don't think I would do it this year, but think I might go along to the market to find out how big it is and the sort of people that go. Might be something for me to think about for the future.

Tom behaved very well. I took a pot of his favourite risotto with me today, so we had no trouble feeding him - why does he like that and hate everything else I cook for him? We then went down to the park for a play before heading home. Tom is now in bed, Matt back at work and me catching up. I've got a client coming to get her cake at 3pm. A small cake with handbags and shoes on it. I took the photos this time and discovered that my photography skills are rubbish compared to Matt's - hence why I haven't bothered to put a photo up here. Hope the client is happy with it - the icing cracked again!!!!

Tom has been on good form this week - sleeping through and generally happy, although he hasn't liked it when I've had to wake him for one reason or another - I had a good 40 minutes of crying yesterday and 10 minutes this morning. CBeebies sorted him out both times - so will keep that in mind if he is like that again when I get him up this afternoon. Oh - this week for the first time Tom ate baked beans. I've given them to him before, but they have come out of his mouth faster than they went in and a look on his face of complete astonishment, wondering why on earth I put this vile foodstuff in his mouth. Anyway hope he continues to like them - is a nice and easy dinner. He has also started to turn in circles and to trot - not quite running, but definitely faster than walking.

Rachel M is coming round this evening to babysit and we have a table booked at Odfellows in Shifnal (one of the places we failed to get into last week). It is Rachel's Wedding Anniversary on Sunday so I'm baby sitting for her then.

This pic is from Saturday.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary! All the best people are celebrating this weekend ;)