Search This Blog

Thursday 30 September 2010

Cake World

Hi there, I said that I would put a pic of one of last week's cake up on the blog, so here it is. It was one that Jude ordered for a friend. The brief was to produce a cake for a lady who loves travelling, is a drama teacher and loves her two tabby cats. Luckily Jude gave me loads of notice so I was able to have lots of sleeps to mull it over and this is what I came up with. These cakes are always easier to do when I have lots of time to think about them.

The other cake I did was a last minute hockey cake, it was ok, but not my best, but then I only had a couple of days to think about and make it. Unfortunately the norm seems to be for people to leave their cake orders to the last minute!

I have decided not to take any more orders until the last week of October. I have my first wedding cake which needs to be finished in 2 weeks time. I want to do a good job, so will spend the next two weeks concentrating on it. I have made the cakes and marzipanned them, just need to ice them and decorate them. Fingers crossed.

Not much to report from this week, a run of the mill week, nothing extraordinary other than Matt has a stinking cold and Tom a little cough. However, it is only two weeks until we go to Spain - can't wait. Oh and Debi, my ex boss gave birth to identical twin boys at 30 weeks, so very small, and one with lots of tubes.

No comments: