Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Cakes, cakes, cakes

Sorry, been busy busy busy again. My website going up the google rankings has meant that I have got quite a few orders. In fact, I've been a bit too popular, I've had to turn two orders away already this week - at this rate, I think I might have to sort out some childcare on a Friday for Tom - I've got to work out my capacity and make sure that the cakes don't overrun Tom - he is my first priority.

Monday - Mum and Dad took Tom out to Quackers for late morning and lunch, whilst I did a big cake shop at Asda - the kitchen is now full of dried fruit, sugar and flour. Problem is where to store it all? Doesn't matter how big your kitchen is, it is never big enough!

Mum, Dad and Tom came home around 1pm, all of them shattered. Tom went to sleep in his cot and Mum and Dad snoozed in the lounge whilst I continued to do cake things.

Tom then had a play in the afternoon with Granma and Pop Pop, before going to bed. Matt and I then had a rare dinner out - finally went to Monsoon and enjoyed a very nice dinner, mine was very pretty - huge king prawns on a bed of two tone curry sauce (you had to be there, my description doesn't do it any justice!)

Tuesday Tom went to nursery and Mum and Dad went home. I did cake things (got an order for some farmyard animal cupcakes this morning so spent the morning working out how to do them). Went to get Tom who was very sleepy - he hadn't slept. Put him in his cot, after an hour he woke up screaming, tears running down his face, poor thing. I managed to calm him down and put him down again, he managed 30 mins and woke up screaming again, so I got him up. We were dispatched to Wyevale to get some grass seed and as Tom had perked up in the car, we decided to have tea and a cake ( I forgot to have lunch today - so engrossed in cakes) - he managed to spread a piece of flapjack right across a sofa - mucky boy.

He then had a semi grizzly afternoon, certainly was something wrong and he was tired. I think he was glad to finally go to bed. Matt had to go up once in the evening to sort him out (was wedged in the cot) and we heard the odd grizzle, but he didn't get us up in the night, so can't complain.

He still wasn't the usual bouncy Tom in the morning - he was ok, but not as happy as usual (missing his Granma and Pop Pop?). Took him to nursery where he cried when I left (I knew he was going to do that). Came home and did more cake things. Finished off Winnie the Pooh characters for a cake in August and then got another order for next week - Peppa Pig fruit cake. So the rest of the day was spent researching and making a Peppa the Pig model and baking a fruit cake.

Picked up Tom from nursery, he had had a good morning, he had an hour's rest in a cot but was very sleepy when I got there. He fell asleep in the car on the way back home. He went down in his cot well and managed a 2 hour sleep, but he was very grizzly when I got him up, took him out to the library and post office, came home just in time for his dinner, after which he perked up significantly - we had the good old 'happy chappy' back so had a lovely hour of play and bath before putting him back in his cot for dinner.

Haven't heard from him since, so hopefully he is sleeping off whatever was tarnishing his mood.

Oh, there won't be an entry tomorrow, we have a parents evening to attend at nursery?!! Rachel M is babysitting, so we are going out for dinner again afterwards. I'm reciprocating for her on Friday.

No comments: