Search This Blog

Friday 9 July 2010

I like driving tractors

So, sorry I forgot to blog yesterday, was quite busy. Went from being home alone to Mum and Dad and Matt all arriving within 5 mins of each other, so a full house. Tom woke up in a good mood meaning that he had a fantastic afternoon playing with Granma and Pop Pop.

We also had a good time in Jungleland, he really was up and away he kept running off, whilst lifting his shirt up to expose his belly to all and sundry, all the other mums were laughing whilst I was desperately trying to convince them that really I don't do that at home and he's not copying a behaviour of mine.

Bill came round for his lillies etc just after we got back, he was very happy with them and said that hopefully our paths will cross again - so I was very happy with that. I also got a new order today for my signature lily pad cupcakes - a birthday present for a friend who has pet frogs. I quoted £25 (I was going to quote £18) and got a surprised, "oh, that's great" reaction. Bugger, should have quoted higher. It really is hard to know what people will pay for these as everyone keeps their rates close to their chest. Will go higher next time and see what happens.

As I said Mum and Dad and Matt all arrived at the same time, and we had a happy afternoon, Tom showing off his new walking skills to all - even Matt could see a remarkable difference.

Friday - Tom spent half an hour with his grandparents before breakfast and apparently he sat nicely on the bed with them - that's not fair, he regularly beats Matt and me up in the morning and will not stay on the bed for love or money!

Mum and Dad scooted off to Manchester at 10, so we toddled off to Asda to get some squash. When I say toddled, what I actually mean is that Tom refused to walk so I carried him all the way there and all the way back - humpfh.

He had an early lunch and an early lunch and then we went to Hoo farm for the afternoon. Today he decided he wasn't that interested in the animals, instead he wanted to play with the gravel. He kept plonking himself down on the ground to rake the stones with his hands. Great! As a result we did very little of the farm, although he loved watching someone doing farm work in a tractor - he was completely mesmerised by it, which is why he ended up on his own tractor.

We went to the play barn afterwards, he wasn't interested in the soft play area, and instead played with a barn and some farm animals, he managed to stuff every animal he could find in the barn, which needed quite a bit of dexterity. I spent ages going through the animals and noises with him, but I'm not sure if any of it was registering with him.

Got home in time for dinner, a little play and then bath, bottle/cup and bed.

Oh, in case you are wondering the second photo is of Tom's fingernails after his visit to Hoo farm, revolting, think we just about managed to get most of it out during his bath.

No comments: