Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Catch up

Sorry, got a little behind again with this blog, blame the cakes!

On Monday I had a visit from a client to discuss an order. Turns out that he has a qualification in sugarcraft and wants some flowers, butterflies and a plaque for a cake he is making (he is a pastry chef by trade) No pressure then. He phoned on Friday, so I spent Saturday night round Seren's trying to work out how to make the lillies he requested. I had them ready for him to inspect when he came round, he liked them - phew!!!!

Monday afternoon was supposed to be spent at Hoo farm, but when we got there, we found it was closed, which is a shame as we planned to go there every Monday. Humpfh! We ended up in Jungleland instead. We had it more or less to ourselves which was great.

Tuesday, Tom was in nursery whilst I did some much needed computer work and then made the plaques ready for piping my inscription tomorrow. Picked up Tom (he hadn't slept there, so he was very sleepy) He cried as soon as I saw him - not nice - hopefully a reaction to being tired, not a reaction to seeing me? He had a good 2 hour sleep and then we took Matt down to the train station (he's off to London to do some interpreting at the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show - lucky thing), then usual routine and an evening doing sugarwork and computer work - updated my website. Oh and I got confirmation for my first cake from the website (ie from someone I don't know - a Harry Potter birthday cake for a 16 year old girl - bit scary), very exciting, as I charged what I think are proper rates and not mates rates.

Wednesday, Tom back to nursery and I finished off the sugarwork for Bill, hope he likes it (included pipe work on the plaque which was scary - never done it before). Picked up Tom from nursery, he hadn't slept again, but this time was happy to see me! He'd had another good day, including a second helping of breakfast- greedy thing.

He came home and had a sleep. Got him up after two hours and then spent the next hour crying. This is his 'new' thing. He cries when he wakes up. I'm not sure why, took a whole banana, a biscuit and a ride in the car to cheer him up today. Not easy!

His walking has got a lot better this week. He can pick himself up confidently from the middle of the floor and tends to do this rather than crawl. Don't think it will be long before he is looking like a pro.

He had another good dinner and bath and is now fast asleep in bed (I hope)

No comments: