Search This Blog

Sunday 13 August 2023

June

 Not much else happened in June.  We got invited to Y9 Awards morning as Tom had won 3 awards:

+ Chemistry

+ Effort

+ Cricket Player

Was nice to go in and see him get them.  Funny, last year Tom was one of the tallest in his year.  This year he is average.  I'm guessing he has stopped growing and others have caught him up.

Matt was in Japan for a week or so and Tom went to France for just under a week.  Both had good times.  I was super busy with work so didn't have too much time to miss them, however, I do find it hard to get to sleep when they aren't here.

Unfortunately when Matt was flying back home Bob was admitted to hospital with a suspected heart attack.  It turned out he did have one, so I headed over to Airedale to check on him.  He was absolutely shattered.  Jude headed over as well so we hung out at the cafe whilst Bob got some rest.  I was trying to keep it secret from Matt so turned my phone off, however, he had paid extra for wifi on board his plane and saw that our car was in Airedale and got in touch with Jude to find out what was going on. Oh hum, so I had to tell him what was going on.  Bob wasn't in a bad way, but it was a scare.  Turned out that he needed 2 stents which he had to have done in Leeds General Infirmary the following day.  I was picking up Matt that day, so poor Jude ended up having to drive across and wait for him and drive him home.

That was it for June! 

No comments: