Search This Blog

Friday 25 September 2009

Another Busy Day

A bad night. Not particularly Tom's fault, although he did have me up twice. It was me, I just couldn't sleep! Was very difficult to get up, and I couldn't focus properly - a true sign of a bad night. Oh hum.

Guess what, today we had to be out early. I've been asked to be a mentor for Breast Feeding in Telford and am now on a 12 week course. I had to be the other side of Telford for 9am. Not too bad, but Tom is being difficult with his food at the moment, I hardly ever get a full breakfast into him by 8.30 and that is the time I had to leave to get to the venue on time.

We were late. Not because of Tom being fussy, but because I couldn't find it. Very confusing the building where it was held is a Parish Council building, but it had a school name on it so I thought it was a school. Anyway got there about 5 mins late so not too bad. We are a group of about 10 - from teenagers, to those in their 40's (so I'm not the eldest). The idea of the course is to learn more about breast feeding and how to help those in difficulties and to spread the good word within Telford and Wrekin. It is run by a midwife who ran the breast feeding workshops for pregnant women, so I know her. She's another one who has so much information in her head, she has trouble getting it out coherently.

Tom was in a creche with all the other babies and toddlers whilst we were on the course. Bit like being on a course with work, doing little exercises, role plays etc - at least it is on something I'm interested in. As seems to be the case at these groups, most of the talking was done by the older mums, with the teenagers not saying anything at all. Anyway I think it will be good to be in a position to help other mums properly and also is another way to be part of the community.

At the end of the course I went to collect Tom. He got a very good school report from the creche. They said that he was adorable, full of giggles and everyone loved him. I went away very proud. Found myself back there 20 mins later as I had forgotten to pick up his toys, fleece etc etc. (Got distracted by being too proud!). Tom fell asleep on the way home so I put him straight in his cot. Walked in the lounge to find Matt fast asleep on the sofa (he's got a stinking cold at the moment) - not sure which of my two boys looked cuter?

Had lunch and then went to the cake shop to get some supplies in for Mike's 30th cake followed by Asda - more cold medicine for Matt and lots of fruit, eggs and flour for me. Got home around 3.30, tried to put Tom to bed for a nap but he refused. He refused again at 4.00 and 4.30, so I gave up and gave him a picnic dinner, before bath time. He then had his milk and was asleep in seconds - lets hope he is so exhausted he has a good, deep sleep.

Today's pic - he is trying so hard to crawl. He managed to support himself on his arms today - not for long, but it is progress. Hasn't worked out what to do with his legs yet though...

2 comments:

Simon, Clare and Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simon, Clare and Jake said...

wait until he starts humping everything in sight.....no leg will be safe;-)