Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Little dude with attitude

A bad night again! Can't remember how many times he got me up, but it was many! Problem is that when he wakes up he is full of energy and so, so happy to see me that I can't be angry with him. Problem is, how do you get a baby who is full of energy back to sleep?

I gave Tom his breakfast - some toast. He put it in his mouth and then spat it out again. He wouldn't let me put it in his mouth, so I left him to it, but I don't think he ate much!

Went to Tuesday Group, came home, had lunch. I gave Tom some roasted veg (left over from dinner yesterday). Once again he put it in his mouth and then spat it out! He had his nap and then we went on our daily trip to Asda.

Dinner was roasted veg, and I tried some avocado and banana. I did actually manage to get some in him, but not much. However, an improvement from the other meals today. He obviously isn't ravenous, otherwise he would take it from me.

He not only clamps his mouth shut, but he pushes my hand away so I can't get the spoon near him. I have tried giving him the spoon, which works for about 2 mouthfuls. If he is directing the spoon, he will open his mouth, but he gets wise that there is food in the spoon and then refuses to take the spoon.

Oh hum. The evening saw me at my cake course, marzipaning my fruit cake. Went well. Need to ice and crimp it next time. I have made friends with a mother and daughter who are also beginners, between the three of us I think we will muddle through and have a laugh.

No comments: